Sunday, November 24, 2013

The Fiery Heart (Bloodlines #4) by, Richelle Mead

























Summary:

In The Indigo Spell, Sydney was torn between the Alchemist way of life and what her heart and gut were telling her to do. And in one breathtaking moment that Richelle Mead fans will never forget, she made a decision that shocked even her. . . .

But the struggle isn't over for Sydney. As she navigates the aftermath of her life-changing decision, she still finds herself pulled in too many directions at once. Her sister Zoe has arrived, and while Sydney longs to grow closer to her, there's still so much she must keep secret. Working with Marcus has changed the way she views the Alchemists, and Sydney must tread a careful path as she harnesses her profound magical ability to undermine the way of life she was raised to defend. Consumed by passion and vengeance, Sydney struggles to keep her secret life under wraps as the threat of exposure—and re-education—looms larger than ever. (Via Goodreads.com)

Pages: 420

Release Date: November 19th 2013

Review:
     Yet again I will warn you that this is a spoiler review. I can assure you that I would not have wanted to be spoiled on anything in The Fiery Heart. If any of you have not yet read The Fiery Heart or any of the Bloodlines novels I would suggest skipping over this review and to go pick them up at a local bookstore or library.

*Spoiler Section*

 

  I was thrilled when I learned that The Fiery Heart would be split in both Sydney and Adrian's points of views. But, this news also made me really depressed since every book I have ever read that has been split into two point of views in the middle of a series means that something bad is going to happen and the readers will have to see what is going on in both sides. I was correct to assume that I should not be happy for the motivation behind the split point of views.
    On to the romance. Richelle Mead had said that there would be so much more romance than there was in Indigo Spell. She was right. I enjoyed the romance in Indigo Spell more than the romance in The Fiery Heart. In the beginning of The Fiery Heart there was little romance but as the book progressed so did the romance. Especially in chapter 17. The reason I believe that I was more into the Indigo Spell's romance was because compared to The Fiery Heart it was sweeter. The Fiery Heart's romance was more intense. With that being said, Sydney and Adrian are my all time favorite couple from all of the series/trilogies I have ever read.
    In addition to Sydney and Adrian's blooming romance, others were blossoming. Angeline and Trey finally accepted that they are meant to be together regardless of what the Warriors of the Light think. Also, Jill and Eddie are kind of together. They kissed, but I am not sure if Eddie has gotten over the fact that he thinks he does not deserve her because she is a 'princess' and he is her guard. Truthfully, I just want them to get together already. I want to see Olive and Neil as a couple. It is hard to tell yet whether or not Olive likes Neil. But it is obvious that Neil is crushing on Olive. The most shocking relationship was between  Ms. Terwilliger and Malachi Wolfe. I loved both Adrian and Sydney's reaction to the news!
    When Sydney got Eddie to teach Zoey how to drive I was hoping that Zoey would begin to realize how the Moroi and Dhampires are not that different from humans. It worked for a little while but then her Dad would call and she was back to normal. If Zoey would have gotten along with them and even cared for them as much as Sydney does then the ending would not have occurred. 
    I have wasted a lot of time already, lets talk about the ending of The Fiery Heart. I had predicted after finishing Indigo Spell that Sydney would need re-education at the end of The Fiery Heart. This is the one time I wish I would have been proven wrong! I stated at the beginning that Sydney and Adrian are my favorite couple of all time. So I am going to be heart broken in Silver Shadows since they are now separated. It is like Origin by, Jennifer L. Armentrout all over again. Also, Sydney never had time to put the new ink on herself so lets hope that if she gets re-inked by the more powerful compassion ink. That with her witch abilities Sydney will be able to resist it. It is hard to believe that this major downfall all started by Adrian forgetting his 'love phone' in Sydney's car.
    My heart was going out to Adrian when he was going through spirit moments. I never realized how much it affected everything he does. Especially without  alcohol in his system. The simplest way to put it is, he is losing his mind. He is seeing Aunt Titania, the darkness of spirit is getting to him, and I know he will not get back on his 'mood stabilizer' medicine because he wants to be able to use spirit to see if he can catch her in a spirit dream. As much as I liked that Sydney wanted Adrian to stop drinking, it cannot happen. In The Fiery Heart he broke their deal a couple times because spirit was too hard on him and he could not take it.
    When Adrian went to the doctor for the 'mood stabilizing' medicine I was laughing so hard because the doctor told Adrian that he was bipolar. It was so funny because Adrian did not understand what bipolar meant and started flipping out, acting bipolar, to the doctor, without Adrian even knowing he was.
    Once Sydney, Adrian and Neil got to Court I started cracking up laughing.Adrian is such an idiot to think he can bring a light jacket to Pennsylvania in the middle of our winter. Especially when one comes from Palm Spring's climate. Some us from Pennsylvania could do that, but not someone who is not used to the harsh Pennsylvania winters. That is a recipe for disaster and it was. He was cold for a day or two until he got a heavier jacket.
    Whenever one of the six, I believe that is how many there are, The Fiery Heart book trailers would be released I would watch it almost instantly after being released. While I was reading The Fiery Heart I thought it was extremely fascinating to be able to put out sense or lines that were in the trailer and reading them in the book. I still cannot get over how amazing that feeling is. 
     I have heard from tons of people throughout the Bloodlines Fandom talking about how ugly these covers are. I somewhat agree to that. I would not go to the extent of calling them ugly but I am not a fan of them. That also goes for the Vampire Academy covers. I feel like they could be done so much better. I believe that is one of the reasons people are discouraged to read the Vampire Academy and Bloodlines series, as well as the fact that they are about vampires. Anyway, my point is that I think the covers could be better looking. This is the only time I will probably ever say this, but I would not mind book covers to be changed in the middle of the series,but only if they look better.
     I was disappointed that only one covenant meeting was held over the entire book. When Sydney first joined the covenant Ms. Terwilliger belonged to, I assumed that there would be at least a couple meetings periodically throughout the book. But, I stand corrected, there was only one meeting, and it happened in the second chapter of the book. It was kind of pointless, but hopefully in one of the two future books in the Bloodlines series something will come up about it.   
     I very much enjoyed the 'escape plans' Adrian would come up with. None of them were necessarily realistic but they always lightened the mood of the story and made me laugh.
     The title was named after the t-shirt Adrian had made Sydney when they were on a college party in Indigo Spell. The t-shirt was only brought up twice. Once by Sydney and once by Adrian. It was most likely named after that because that was one of the most meaningful possessions Sydney owned and had kept at Ms. Terwilliger's house. In the second to last chapter Adrian took the t-shirt since Sydney would no longer need it at Ms. Terwilliger's house while she is away at re-education.
      In The Fiery Heart, characters like Rose, Lissa, and Dimitri from the Vampire Academy series were brought back into the Bloodlines series plot line. I like that the readers of the Vampire Academy series are able to see their favorite characters. Also it is nice to be able to see how their relationships and lives are going. 
      Since the spirit infused blood ink used in Neil's tattoo worked against Strigoi, can it somehow be mass produced? The ink is not perfect yet but I wonder if they could also perfect it so that Strigoi can be eliminated.
      One of the questions I have about Silver Shadows is Sydney will have to testify for either her Mom or Dad in who should raise Zoey at the custody hearing. I am curious if  Sydney will attend since she is currently locked away at the re-education center. I wonder what will happen because if Sydney does not show up I am almost positive that her Mom and Carly, Sydney's other sister, will be suspicious.
      I could keep going on and on about all the events over the course of The Fiery Heart but that would take too long. Overall, The Fiery Heart was romantic, hysterical, an emotional rollercoster, exciting, hopeful and nerve racking. I absolutely love Richelle Mead's writing and creativity. With The Fiery Heart's major cliff hanger Silver Shadow, expected to be released on July 29th of 2014, is near the top of my list of most anticipated books of 2014. Also, I am excited to see the Vampire Academy movie on February 14th, Valentine's Day, of 2014.  Lets hope that centrum permanebit.
~Casey 

No comments:

Post a Comment