Thursday, March 5, 2015

Event Review: ApollyCon 2015



     Although I have been to several different book signings/conventions over the last year and a half, I had no idea what to expect at ApollyCon. I had yet to attend a release party and I had never been to a convention held in a hotel. It was a new experience for me. I was extremely lucky to have my family drive me five and a half hours to Philadelphia and back through the snow storm on Sunday. They are the best family I could wish for. 
     I had such an amazing time at ApollyCon. I was able to meet a ton of fellow readers/bloggers and phenomenal authors that more than likely developed carpal tunnel over the course of the weekend (*cough* Jennifer L. Armentrout *cough*). It was so amazing to meet authors like Alexandra Bracken and Jamie McGuire. I have been reading their books for years. I also loved meeting Jennifer for the fourth time and Wendy Higgins for the second time. It was also really cool that I got to meet Drew Leighty, Seth's cover model. I want to thank all the authors for attending and especially to Jennifer L. Armentrout and Drew for staying past their allotted time and signing four hours longer than they originally intended to. I can't imagine how sore their hands must be!
     I got a total of 30 books signed and two of them are ARCs I won there. The two ARCs I won are Fall With Me, the fourth Wait For You novel by J. Lynn, and Asa, the sixth book in the Marked Men series by Jay Crownover. I was so excited when I won both of the ARCs, especially Fall With Me, I could not wait to get my hands on it. Throughout the day, I also picked up a lot of bookish swag like posters, buttons, stickers, magnets, bookmarks, etc. Now my next priority is to reorganize all of my books and swag. Wish me luck. 
     Not only did I attend the public signing, I also attended the after party which was so much fun. I got to dance the night away with authors, bloggers, readers and the cardboard cut outs of Caesar and a random Pegasus. I know what your thinking, book lovers know how to party. 
     I had such a wonderful time at ApollyCon. I hope they decide to have more in the future. But, for me the party did not end until the following day. I was doing my morning glance at Facebook when I noticed my picture with Jennifer and Drew made it to Jennifer's photo albums for ApollyCon and her signings/events. I was so happy that my picture made it to her photo albums, but then I noticed something really odd. I looked at Jennifer's profile picture and I recognized the girl standing between Drew and Jennifer because of her red hair. She was also wearing the exact same shirt that I wore to ApollyCon. 


(Drew Leighty, Me, Jennifer L. Armentrout)


     It is an understatement to say I was ecstatic when I realized I was a part of Jennifer L. Armentrout, my FAVORITE author's, Facebook profile picture. It is such an amazing feeling to know that my favorite author remembers me and that I am essentially helping her make announcements. I am still trying to wrap my head around all of this and I am constantly checking her page to see if our picture is still there. I will never be able to forget this weekend and ApollyCon has officially kicked off this year's book signings/conventions for me. Since ApollyCon was so successful, I am excited to attend other fun book events this upcoming year.  




(Me, Mary Lindsey)


(Me, Katie McGarry)


(Katie, Me)


(Me, Sarah J. Maas)


(Sarah J. Maas signing)


(Me, Wendy Higgins)


(Wendy Higgins signing)


(Jay Crownover signing)


(Me, Jay Crownover)


(Eden Fierce, Me, Jamie McGuire


(Drew Leighty, Me, Jennifer L. Armentrout)


(Alexandra Bracken, Me)


(Jennifer's Crazy Line!)


(Me, Cora Carmack)


(Me with My ApollyCon Bag)


(Drew Leighty, Me, Jennifer L. Armentrout)


(My Book Haul from ApollyCon)


     For those of you who attended ApollyCon, what did you guys think of the event and who were your favorite authors to meet? I hope everyone had a phenomenal time and made it home safely! 








No comments:

Post a Comment