Saturday, June 13, 2015

The Ruby Circle (Bloodlines #6) by Richelle Mead

Summary: THEY WILL BE TESTED

Sydney Sage is an Alchemist, one of a group of humans who dabble in magic and serve to bridge the worlds of humans and vampires. They protect vampire secrets - and human lives.

Their forbidden romance exposed, Sydney and Adrian find themselves facing the wrath of both the Alchemists and the Moroi in this electrifying conclusion to Richelle Mead’s bestselling Bloodlines series.

When the life of someone they both love is put on the line, Sydney risks everything to hunt down a deadly former nemesis. Meanwhile, she and Adrian becomes enmeshed in a puzzle that could hold the key to a shocking secret about spirit magic, a secret that could shake the entire Moroi world and alter their lives forever.

Don't miss their unforgettable final chapter...



LOVE WILL CONQUER ALL   (Via Goodreads.com)

Pages: 348

Release Date: February 10th, 2015

Rating: 4.5/5 Stars

Review:

The hardest part about being a reader is letting go of your favorite series. I starting reading the Bloodlines series two years ago this summer. I have been with the characters through their toughest times and their easiest. I have been along with them on their crazy adventures and it saddens me to know that they no longer need me on their journey. I thought I would take The Ruby Circle much harder than I did; I expected to be emotionally wiped since this is my all-time favorite series. However, I did pretty well. I sometimes wonder if I have really accepted that the series is over.

I finished The Ruby Circle over two months ago and I still have no idea where to start this review. I planned on doing a full-length spoiler review like I did with the The Fiery Heart and Silver Shadows, but I guess if I learned anything from Bloodlines, it is to embrace the unexpected.  

Although I mentioned above that the Bloodlines series is my all-time favorite series, I do not expect it to keep it's title much longer. I dearly love the series and I typically flew through each of the six books, but Silver Shadows and parts of The Ruby Circle were extremely heavy. If you have yet to read the series I do not want to spoil anything, but the last two books feature severe depression and horrible pain. I am the type of person that gets really sucked up into each of the character's emotions and I was having difficulty keeping my head above water. Although the ability Richelle Mead possesses to capture her characters' emotions and transfer them to her reader's is a good gauge at how well she writes, but it also made me stop reading, at times, because the story was getting so heavy. I do applaud Richelle Mead by adding variety to the YA genre for featuring depression, but it was a little too much for me and took away from the series as a whole.

Remember when everyone was picking on Sydney because all she did in Silver Shadows was the opposite of what we told her to? Well, The Ruby Circle was Adrian's opportunity to do so. I love that both Sydney and Adrian have big hearts and want to save everyone, but they both need to learn that they have to save themselves first. Most of the mess they landed into was caused by their need to help others. 

Even though The Ruby Circle still had it's flaws, it was the perfect ending to the Bloodlines series. The Ruby Circle tied all of the Bloodlines series into a nice little bow and that bow even included sparkles because we also got more closure on the Vampire Academy series. I am satisfied where we leave the world, but I am hoping Richelle Mead will create more books in the Vampire Academy world because she has created such an intricate world that has so many more stories to explore. 

The Bloodlines series has made me laugh, cry and wait in the fetal position for the next book. I am so thankful that I was able to join Sydney, Adrian and the rest of the gang for their dangerous and magical adventures. The circle did manage to hold after all. I am so excited to start my advanced copy of Richelle Mead's Soundless, which I got after waiting for three hours in Richelle Mead's signing line at BookCon two weekends ago. I highly recommend starting the Bloodlines series if you have already completed the Vampire Academy series and highly recommend the Vampire Academy series if you have yet to start it.  














(Me, Richelle Mead)
Photo taken at BookCon 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment