Sunday, January 3, 2016

My Favorite Books of 2015


My Review
I started the Throne of Glass series at the beginning of this year and, while I did enjoy the first two books and the prequel novellas, something was missing from the story. Heir of Fire gave me so much more background on all the characters and I was able to really connect and understand them. I am about fifty pages into Queen of Shadows, the next book in the Throne of Glass series, and I am already predicting that it will be appearing on my list of favorite books in 2016.





During the craziness of summer, I managed to read books two through five in Jennifer L. Armentrout's New Adult Wait for You companion series. I read the first book, Wait for You, and the male leads perspective of Wait for you, Trust in Me, earlier this year. Although all six books were good in their own way, Stay with Me was my absolute favorite. The romance in Stay with Me is one of my absolute favorites and the plot is just so addicting and higher-staked than the rest of the books in the series.




My Review of Rule
My Review of Asa



While I could choose my favorite book out of Jennifer L. Armentrout's Wait for You series, I could not choose my favorite out of Jay Crownover's Marked Men series. All six books in the Marked Men series are fantastic with amazing characters, romances, plot-lines and writing. The end of the Marked Men series had me really depressed because I had grown attached to such a large group of lovable characters, but I am excited to keep seeing little bits of them in the Marked Men spin-off series, Saints of Denver.





I cannot get over how much I love the Rusk University series. The characters, the romance, the humor, everything in the Rusk University series is perfect. Out of the three books in the series that are currently released, the third book, All Played Out, is my favorite. Each book in the series keeps getting better and better and I cannot contain my excitement for the release of the fourth novel, All Closed Off, to be released sometime in 2016.




My Review
Built is the first book in Jay Crownover's upcoming Saint of Denver series which is the spin-off of the Marked Men series. I was fortunate enough to get an advanced copy of Built and I loved it so much. The romance was fantastic and I cannot get over the major conflict of Built, it was done so well and constantly made me emotional. I highly recommend purchasing Built on January 5th, 2016 whether you have read one of Jay's books before or not.




My Review
The Return is the first book in Jennifer L. Armentrout's new spin-off series of the Covenant series. I got an ARC of The Return in May of 2014 at BookCon, but I never got around to reading the Covenant series until early 2015, so I read The Return about a month before its release. The Return is not only my favorite book of this year, but my favorite Jennifer L. Armentrout book as well. The Return included the perfect balance of romance, comedy, action, paranormal, and mythology. While the cover is not the greatest, the content of The Return makes up for it. No offense to you, Drew Leighty.  I love you, but the pose is not my favorite.  

(Drew Leighty, Me, Jennifer L. Armentrout)

No comments:

Post a Comment